STRATO MEMBRANE is a disconnecting solution that provides an unobtrusive protective layer to avoid potential cracks and maintain a waterproof seal. The HDPE dimpled membrane layer, with the roughened surface and a spunbonded polypropylene fabric, reduce tensions created by changes in the substrate to protect against cracks; suitable for both indoor and outdoor areas. The mat can be applied directly onto screed not requiring a 28 day curing period allowing for quick installations, and is designed with both Underfloor Heating and a variety of substrate applications in mind.
- Rolls out straight & flat with no waves
- Quick and easy installation
- Maximum protection for tiling
- Ideal for new build and renovation projects
- Protects tiling against cracking
- High shear elasticity
- Mat thickness: approx. 3mm
- Material: Plastic HDPE
- Weight: approx. 570 g/m²
- Roll width: 1m
- Roll length: 30m
|Length of Roll (m)
Before laying SRATO MEMBRANE, the substrate should be firm, sound, clean and under the recommended moisture content
Installing STRATO MEMBRANE does not eliminate the need for expansion and perimeter joints, for which it is necessary to follow the instructions in the standard UNI 11493-1.
01. Adhesive must be used to lay STRATO MEMBRANE over the substrate, using a notched trowel.
02. STRATO MEMBRANE must be laid over the designated area, with the spunbonded cladded side facing down. STRATO MEMBRANE must then be pressed down into adhesive with the aid of a float, applying pressure to prevent the creation of air pockets. STRATO MEMBRANE must then be covered with another layer of class C2 (or greater) cementitious adhesive. The tiles can then be laid without waiting for it to dry, using a notched trowel of dimensions appropriate for the size of the tiles to be laid.
03. Other measures are required during the laying stage to provide the additional waterproofing function. After laying STRATO MEMBRANE, it is necessary to seal the joints between the adjacent sheets with adhesive, spreading it with the smooth side of the notched trowel.
04. Then STRATO BAND must be applied.
05. The same procedure must be followed for the perimeter waterproofing, then adhesive is applied.
06. Then STRATO BAND must be laid. At the joint, STRATO BAND must overlap it by at least 50 mm. The same procedure must be used for the perimeter joints, using STRATO BAND centred in the floor / wall connection with adhesive. (For outdoor applications in particular, it is important to lay the cladding over the entire area, in compliance with the current reference standard 11493-1)
07. Then the class C2 (or greater) cementitious adhesive must be spread followed by the laying of the finishing product
08. The plinth/skirting board must be kept detached from the floor, the remaining gap must be sealed with elastic material (silicone or perimeter joint profile).