A first to market, fully endorsed, health and safety tactile alert system that uses 3M adhesive.
The traditional 6mm diameter shank method or 3M adhered versions offer an incredibly versatile system that can provide an instant DDA and Equality Act 2010 compliant tactile surface to any platform edge, stairway or ramp due to their unique installation methods.
Manufactured from Stainless Steel grade 316.
- Operatives will set out and prepare area for drilled stud application.
- Using pre‐formed steel drilling template (can be supplied), drill out 4 corners and secure jig in place with location pegs or loose studs. This will allow operatives to continue with the marking out procedure whilst ensuring that the jig stays in position.
- Operatives will use hand held drills to mark / form 6mm pilot holes ready for stud application.
- Once pilot holes are formed, remove steel jig allowing operatives to return and re‐drill hole to correct width and depth ready for stud application using SDS hammer drill and a 10mm SDS bit.
- Operatives will ensure all areas and holes are debris and dust free using an industrial vacuum or similar.
- Operatives will apply one part spit anchor resin around the tactile stud shanks (adhesive can be supplied on request) and insert into drilled holes, ensuring Pathway tactiles are fitted correctly.
- Ensure that any excess anchor resin is removed from tactile / substrate. Anchor resin expands around tactile shanked both locking and adhering tactile into substrate.
- Wash down with water where necessary.
- Area is ready to receive foot traffic within one hour. Full cure after 24 hours.